• Mon - Fri 8AM - 6PM | Sat 8AM - 12PM
  • 6910 PA-309, Coopersburg, PA 18036
  • 855-202-7129

Attenuator Truck Regulations

Do You Know Your State’s TMA/Attenuator Truck Regulations?

Royal Truck & Equipment seeks to ensure that our customers are kept well-informed on how to best protect their employees in the work zone. Our commitment to our customers is that we will invest the resources necessary to provide the most up-to-date information on the attenuator truck regulations that have been put in place throughout the country. Our TMA Trucks are designed and built specifically to exceed the strictest standards throughout the U.S.

Unlike many other industries where federal regulation sets the baseline operational requirements, with attenuator trucks, each state has its own regulations as to how a truck needs to be built and when it needs to be used in a work zone operation.  Our commitment to our customers is to provide the most up-to-date information for attenuator truck regulations so that you can be sure you are fully prepared before your work even begins.

As a standard rule at Royal, all of our TMA trucks are designed and built to meet and exceed each individual state’s minimum build requirements.
Attenuator Truck Regulations
Attenuator Truck Regulations

Attenuator Truck Regulations Book

Looking for TMA Truck Regulations in your state? We’ve done the hard work for you! Fill out the form below to request a digital copy of the TMA regulations book.

Arrow Board

Arrow Board Requirements

Flashing Arrow Boards are used on vehicles in mobile operations and placed at the beginning of lane closure tapers. Every state is different when it comes to the number of lamps required on your arrow board. Some states require 15 lamps, some require 25 lamps. Always check your state guidelines before ordering an arrow board.  For your convenience, we offer both options.

CDL Requirements

Each CDL classification is distinguished by the vehicle’s gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR), among other items. TMA trucks vary in weight, which can impact CDL requirements. Our TMA Trucks are weighted at less than 26,000lbs GVWR. This means that in most states, you do not need a CDL license to drive our TMA trucks. Keep in mind that the CDL classification you apply for will determine not only the type of vehicle you are allowed to drive, but also which endorsements you may be required to obtain. Click here for more information.

CDL Requirements
DPF Problems

DPF Requirements

With increasing needs to reduce emissions comes advancements in regulations. New technology has changed the way trucks are engineered and driving and maintaining them requires a new set of skills relative to new technology. The DPF traps the exhaust particulates, and it is not a disposable item – a new one could several thousand dollars. Do you know what to do when the DPF lights come on?  Learn more with our guide.

This Page's Information was Last Updated in May 2020
*This webpage represents the cumulative research of Royal Truck & Equipment of the regulations for each state and is provided as a courtesy to our customers. The information is sourced from state DOT websites, online research, and conversations with personnel of the state DOT. While the information is updated as regularly as possible, Royal cannot accept responsibility for its reliability. It is recommended that you or your company do not solely rely on this webpage's information to determine if you meet legal requirements. For the most accurate and up-to- date information, contact your specific state Department of Transportation. Where possible, we provide contact information for the people that can answer these questions. Royal does not certify the accurate information in the reports beyond our best efforts taken to compile the data and inform our industry. Please be safe and verify independently.