• Mon - Fri 8AM - 6PM | Sat 8AM - 12PM
  • 6910 PA-309, Coopersburg, PA 18036
  • 855-202-7129

Arrow Board, CDL & DPF Requirements

Arrow Board

Arrow Board Requirements

15 or 25 lights? What does your state require? Flashing Arrow Boards are used on vehicles in mobile operations, and placed at the beginning of lane closure tapers. Every state is different when it comes to the number of lamp requirements necessary on your arrow board. Some states are 15, some are 25. The Royal Truck and Equipment Arrow Board sign is 96″ x 48″, and has become a standard add-on feature for most of our customers.

On a TMA Truck, Arrow Boards serve as a traffic control device. It is to be used when a lane(s) is closed and traffic must merge with other traffic in an adjacent lane. Mounting the arrow board onto the attenuator truck is best practice because arrow boards are required in both mobile and stationary operations. The truck mounted arrow board adds additional safety by giving advanced warning to motorists and increasing worker protection in the work zone.

Most work zone operations require an arrow board be present and in a specific location. For more information about the arrow board requirements in your state call your state DOT or contact us!

DPF Requirements

Do you know what to look for when the DPF lights come on?

With increased need to reduce emissions comes advancements to in regulations. New technology has changed the way trucks are engineered, and driving/maintaining them require a new set of skills that relate to all the new technology. Do you know what to do when the DPF lights come on?

The DPF traps the exhaust particulates, and it is not a disposable item – a new one could costs you in the thousands. They must be periodically cleaned to maintain their fuel efficiency. The DPF warning lights might be solid or flashing when they come on, indicating two different concern levels.

DPF Problems
CDL Requirements

CDL Requirements

Does a TMA Truck require a Commercial Driver’s license?

At Royal Truck and Equipment, our TMA Trucks are weighted at less than 26,000lbs. That means in most states, you do not need a CDL license to drive one. But, it is difficult to find a complete list of state by state regulations of when you are required to have a CDL … and at what weight.

Each CDL classification is distinguished by the vehicle’s gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) among other items. Keep in mind that the CDL classification you apply for will determine not only the type of vehicle you are allowed to drive, but also which endorsements you may be required to obtain.

We put together a team at Royal to compile this very important data so that your company is and stays compliant, giving you the confidence that you team has the proper licenses. Call us with any question you might have or contact your state’s DOT.

Click here for more information.

This Page's Information was Last Updated on August 2, 2015
*This webpage represents the cumulative research of Royal Truck & Equipment of the regulations for each state and is provided as a courtesy to our customers. This information will change from time to time. Royal will provide updates to this information on an annual basis. It is recommended that you or your company do not solely rely on this webpage's information to determine if you meet legal requirements. It is suggested that when you download the full reports provided that you verify Royal's data by checking the reference links and contact information in the report. Royal does not certify the accurate information in the reports beyond our best efforts taken to compile the data and inform our industry. Please be safe and verify independently.